There are over 3,000 funds in the UK market and over 2,500 available via the Chelsea FundStore, so the task of selecting funds for your ISA can be overwhelming. That’s why we introduced the Chelsea EasyISA.
What is an EasyISA?
- These are five portfolios, which each offer differing characteristics i.e. varying levels of risk or income.
- Each EasyISA contains six different funds and your investment is split equally between them.
- These funds are chosen from the Chelsea Selection by our research team. We have chosen six funds as this gives a reasonable amount of diversification and splitting the ISA allowance across a greater number of funds would result in having too little invested in each fund.
- Funds are chosen from the Selection list and Risk Ratings carefully scrutinised to make sure that they correspond with the overall risk of the portfolio e.g. lower-risk funds are chosen for the Cautious EasyISA. Funds are selected to give investors broad market/asset class coverage.
- The EasyISA portfolios are reviewed for each new edition of Viewpoint, our client magazine, and as few alterations as possible are made. However, where it is felt that a fund needs replacing, a like-for-like fund will be chosen as a replacement from the Selection list. Funds may be removed and portfolios altered between these times if a fund manager departs or the process changes.
When you make a change to an EasyISA, will my funds update automatically?
No. We offer an execution-only service, so we cannot amend your investments. We inform investors of these changes via our email newsletter (sign up here) and in our Viewpoint magazine. If you hold an EasyISA and wish to alter it to reflect our changes, then you will need to effect a switch. However, where a change is made simply because a fund has closed, many investors choose to retain that fund in their EasyISA.
The EasyISA is also available for ISA transfers.
View the EasyISA Portfolios...